Monday, July 14, 2020 – Zoom portal
The GNOC Medical and Anti-Doping Commission initiated their World Anti-Doping Agency compliances with the assistance of the Oceania Regional Anti-Doping Organization. ORADO confers that GMADC is the first organization in the region to initiate the process.
The NADO Anti-Doping Code is scheduled to take effect on January 31, 2021. Guam National Olympic Committee has developed and approved their compliance code through the assistance of WADA and ORADO and are responsible for:
- adopting and implementing anti-doping rules;
- promoting and implementing anti-doping education;
- directing collection of samples;
- conducting investigations;
- managing test results; and
- conducting hearings at the national level.
To be compliant with the World Anti-Doping Code, National Anti-Doping Organizations (NADOs) must undertake three steps:
- Code acceptance: The NADO agrees to the tenets of the Code;
- Implementation: The NADO amends its rules and policies to include the Code’s mandatory articles and principles;
- Enforcement: The NADO has amended its rules and policies and is enforcing them in accordance with the Code.
Information is available on the WADA website at https://www.wada-ama.org.